Posted by Heather Pieczonka on Wednesday, August 4, 2010 Under: Articles
Couples showers are great fun, and we've seen some totally awesome party pics to prove it! But the truth is, pictures can lie. For example, the hostess (after the party) might say:
- "We had a great time! It was a Co-ed Shower so i was worried the guys would get bored...but we had a great time and the games were a hit!"
- "Someone had the bright idea of hosting a 'couples' bridal shower that I went to and to be honest, it felt about as awkward as a middle school dance. Upon leaving, I felt a strong desire to change the oil in my car or do some other 'manly' act."
- Make sure the event is a less casual shower. Guys are concerned this would just be another event that they would have to get dressed up for...and they didn't want to. They said if it was casual, they would be more likely to attend.
- For the games, use games that the men and women can play against each other, like Bridal Jeopardy and use more interactive games like Charades and Pictionary as compared to Bridal Trivia type games.
- Supply beer and maybe even during the gift opening, let the guys go and play video games or sports together if they don't want to partake.
- Make the shower more about being a party/celebration instead of being a shower.
In : Articles
Tags: bridal shower games couples shower bridal shower and men